Sunday, January 16, 2011

My First Dress!!

I decided to try and make the dress from this pattern and started it about two months ago. I then realized how awful it would look on me without a defined waist.  Today, I decided to just get it done with and teach myself a lesson that I need to pick my patterns better...


And here is the result!! I couldn't be happier!  I had to take it in by several inches in the back, but it doesn't look too bad.  I also added a really long belt that wraps around twice before tying in the front.  I love belts.

 The back view...

And a close up of the dress.  The fabric is very fun and a dark navy.  While I did not match the circles and squiggles up, I like the way it turned out.


Now I wait for summer so I can wear it outside!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! The dress looks amazing and so do you doll! <3 Michelle (Lamping) Altenau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats--the dress is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you are amazing! That looks store bought! and I love the fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! that dress is amazingly cute! and your 2011 New Year's Resolution....ummm, that's awesome! i admire your resolution and crafty determination! your blog is now going on my "amigos" link on my own (hardly updated) blog, and i will look to you for sewing inspiration! i just got a sewing machine for christmas and am learning how to use it. so far, one apron, a pair of pajama pants, and a few greeting cards into it and i'm in love. however, i have a long way to go by looking at all of your amazing creations! keep it up, meg :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've decided you need to make this pattern! It's so you!!!
    http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8621-products-10678.php?page_id=262

    ReplyDelete