Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sew Weekly Challenge: Blue Floral Fabric

For many years, I have been wanting to make the dress for this challenge.  I had the fabric, I had the pattern...but I was scared and did not want to mess up my one chance with this beautiful fabric.

I didn't want to back down on the challenge, so I got out the pattern...

 

And made the dress at last...


 I am in love with this dress, even if it is see through and I had to shorten a slip specifically for it.


It's really fun to spin in as well!

Before I made the blue floral dress, I created this lovely number from the same pattern...

I call it my "Mad Men" dress, because I think Joan Holloway would rock this color.


I put on my sassy face for this picture.

And I finally finished another dress that had been hanging onto my mannequin, Emmy, for far too long...


And it came out something like this...I don't know why it looks like I am in pain because the dress is actually very comfortable!


The back neck needs fixing, but I may wait until closer to summer for that...

And now, for a much needed break and a treat of popcorn and m&ms!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome dresses, Meg!
    I also love that you named your mannequin as well. Mine is Marla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach me how to make sewing magic please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!!! These are all amazing!!! You look fabulous!! I especially love the border print on the blue floral dress--but the yellow one is a fabulous color too...oh gosh, I love them all equally! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are adorable - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear great looks great, very beautiful dress your feet

    ReplyDelete