This is the tale of the pants that almost weren't.
I knew I wanted to make red pants for the Autumn, and after seeing all the famous ladies running around in their purchased versions, I was sold. These pants needed to happen. I grabbed McCalls 3935 and got to cutting on some fabulous red cotton canvas from the stash. Eventually the pants were finished aside from the hook and bar. I tried them on and saw that there was a major gap in the back. So, I took apart the waistband and started stitching and trimming. TRAGEDY STRUCK. I was taking in and cutting out the excess... in a side seam. Not in the back. I did not check to see what seam I was working on.
Of course, I FLIP OUT. Rob was completely beside himself, trying to offer me suggestions of how I might be able to fix it, while I could only focus on the fact THAT I DIDN'T CHECK THE SEAM FIRST.
(Insert epic meltdown here)
Eventually, I calmed down enough to use one of Rob's suggestions: Insert panels in the side to make up for what was cut out.
Both side seams now have triangular inserts that add the necessary inches so I can wear these pants without crying.
I cannot express in words how glad I am that these pants were not a fail. I love them so much, and I'm glad I added the belt carriers the second time around. The black belt on the red fabric is pretty striking to my eye.
I wore this outfit last night to a party, but didn't get any pictures there. I blame the three bottles of sangria.
Since I'm trying to complete as many projects as I can before we move back into our apartment (IN FIVE DAYS OMGCANNOTWAIT), I whipped this cardigan up in two hours. I've had this fabulous multicolor knit in my stash for some time and I knew I wanted to wear it in cardigan form during Autumn. Hello, NESA project!
It's McCalls 6408, and while I didn't have enough fabric to make it longer or add the ties, I really love the look of it when I wrap it around me like so:
I didn't hem the sleeves (it's the weekend and I was feeling lazy), so I just rolled them up. Voila!
It's been a little crazy the last few days. I've been working on four dresses, along with the pants and cardigan, that I am trying to finish before the move/New York. I don't know the status of the renovations in our apartment, if they are going to be done in the next five days or if I will even have a place to set up a sewing table. I wanted to get as much done for the next several challenges as possible, and it looks like I might be caught up for the next three weeks! Hooray!
I hope you are all enjoying the weekend where you are!