Friday, November 11, 2011

30DoC: Keep Yourself Organized

Friends, you would think that I would be super duper organized now that I have shiny new closets at my disposal.  Well....I'm working on it.  Lots and lots of stash busting.  I don't think I am going to need to buy fabric for the next two years.

The fabric scraps I've been saving for that "someday" project have finally found a home as a sewing machine cover.  Believe it or not, I haven't had one up until now, but seeing as our space is getting dustier by the day, I thought it might be time.

I used Diana Rupp's pattern from Sew Everything - directions were a breeze!


It's very blue, and made out of some cotton fabric scraps from various projects.  I love how it came out, and I will be even happier if it saves my machine from a dusty death.

Look at all that white stuff.  They weren't even working in this room!  Oy.


Friends, do you have a sewing machine cover?  Or did you resist like I did?

Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Meg, this is a great idea... I always on the lookout for scrap bursting ideas... I'm stuck on the pin cushions... I shall give it a go on the sewing cover pattern....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, I seiously could do with making one so my poor machine doesn't gather so much dust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm... Note to self: Must make a sewing machine cover with my fabric scraps.

    (Great idea Meg!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me! :) I've been "planning" on making one for the last... five years maybe? Ususally I just lift my old hippo (a 1960's Husqvarna machine) back in its case on the floor after every time I've used it (I can't have it out cause my kittehs eats everything ) and swear about it being heavy.

    ReplyDelete