Friday, November 25, 2011

Sew Weekly Challenge and 30DoC: Something for Yourself and Epic Plaid Pattern Re-Do

Friends, back in September I had a meltdown over these pants


This time, the McCall 3935 pants are epic for a completely different reason: the polyester knit plaid.


There were no insane cutting and crying issues.  The plaid matched up immediately and I didn't have to fight it at all.  These two pairs of pants could not be any more different!

In fact, a huge difference between these two pairs is that this pair did not need ANY fastenings.  Apparently polyester knit is great for sliding on and off.  These are like fabulous retro lounge pants that will never need ironing.  They are perfect for after Thanksgiving meals. I feel nearly invincible.


The only thing I am sad about is that these pants are covered in flour and need to befriend a washing machine before I can wear them again.  Other than that, it's been absolutely delightful running around in them!

Friends, have you ever made a pair of polyester pants?  Show me some links so we can have a polyester love party!  

Have a fantastic night all!

11 comments:

  1. NICE! I've never made a pair of polyester pants, but I'm liking the Mr. Bell from North and South vibe you've got going on here ;) I like those kitchen cabinets and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LoVe plaid pants. I was born in the 70s and I think it's made a permanent mark!

    Way to call it, Amanda, so awesome Mr. Bell styling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. supercooland so seventies in a good way, love them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh! i love your plaid pants! FABULOUS and perfect for t-day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooking in pants never looked so fashionable ! What you been baking?? Recipes please ! yummy. Happy Thanks Giving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love.

    I totally have to make polyester pants now.

    Although they would not looks as good on me as yours do on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they are an epitome of the fabulousness that is everything 1970s. Love <3 I wish I still owned plaid pants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH!!! These pants are like a dream come true!! Not only do they fit you like a loungy sunday, after a roudy saturday night, but that plaid is Plaidtastic!! and the fit is fabulous. and i esp love that there's no zipper/button action required! WORD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Man you are seriously groovy in those polyester slacks! I may have to bust out some of that thrift shop poly I have in the bottom of my stash too. You can totally pull the whole thing off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. :D Love the pants, the plaid looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete