Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bring On 2012!

Friends, remember that time I talked about goals and resolutions and all those other things that come along with starting a new year?  It's that time again to reveal my goals and resolutions....

Resolutions:

1. Stop (or at least reduce) my street confrontations.  Hard to imagine, I know, but I have the temper of a very mean spirited donkey.  If I see a drunken jerkface on the street and he is jaywalking in front of the car but not nearly fast enough, I let him know.  Even if I am sitting at a stoplight.  No filter at all, I'm telling you.  Apparently Mama Grand thinks she is going to get a call from Rob that I've been stabbed, so in an effort to extend my life, I've decided to bite my tongue a little more often.  And try not to get stabbed.  I think that's a good resolution.

2. Stop biting my nails.  This has only been my resolution for ten years, so we'll bring it back for good measure.

Goals:

1. Play a French song on the guitar.  I've been taking French classes for about three months now, and received the Pimsleur French audiobook for Christmas.  I've had a guitar since seventh grade and have not learned a song on it yet.  This is the year, I swear.  I would really love to learn how to play this song before 2012 ends:


Catchy, isn't it??

2. Use every sewing pattern in my stash.  I have such a large collection and I think it's time to explore those patterns that have been getting dusty for a long time now.


And finally....

3.  Wear something me-made/altered/refashioned every day.  I'm giving myself five vacation days that will give me a chance to do laundry/whatnot and wear things that might be getting neglected in the closet.   So, for 361 days I will wear something that my hands have touched.  Will there be documentation? Of course, but only at the end of each week.  You and I would both get sick of my posting photos every day, I think.  Oh yes, and those fabulous new undergarments that are currently on my sewing table TOTALLY COUNT.  Winning.  (There will be no pictures of said undergarments on my actual body because Mama Grand would have a heart attack ... and we love Mama Grand.)


So, Friends, those are my goals and resolutions for this upcoming year!  What about you?  Do you have any resolutions or goals in mind?  

Have a fabulous day all, and stay warm wherever you are!!

14 comments:

  1. Great resolutions my friend.

    For me, I'm trying to be fit and start more exercise to strengthen my back.. After 2 year with no exercise my body is very weak.. I'm also decide to calm down and do less.. Hrh is feeling nejected ( and a bit jealous ) of my many hobbies ... So I will sew more complicated things less often. Not sure I will cope ...

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fab resolutions, best of luck with all of them (especially the one about not getting stabbed). I tried to do me made September and I lasted 2 days so I am terribly impressed. Happy 2012 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've finally reached that point where wearing something I made is done unconciously. I'm sometimes out and someone will ask where I got some article of clothing, I'll look down, and say, "Oh yeah..... I made it". It's a great feeling not to be wearing crafty projects anymore, but honest-to-goodness CLOTHES!
    I don't think I'll ever be able to use all my sewing patterns, because I have a serious adoption problem (if I don't buy it, the thrift store will throw it out, so I HAVE to rescue it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some ambitious goals! Good luck. I need to try sewing underwear sometime - not sure why they sound particularly terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great goals! I feel you on the patterns. If I sewed one new thing a day from a different pattern every time, it would take me, no exaggeration, over 2 years to get them all done. Maybe I'll show them all to the blog world one day....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what Andrew used to say all the time in New Orleans, except that I was going to get us both shot. Lol. I want to do Number 2 as well, which I failed to do this year, but then I remembered I just bought 60 patterns from lisette. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the french song goal as that is my goal too! But I want to learn the song from Before the Sunset that Julie Delpy sings.
    You are so ambitious! It makes me feel like such a lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous goals!! That first one made me laugh...I can totally picture you giving someone what for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to laugh a bit as I totally can't see you raging on a random stranger!!

    I love your goals! I can't wait to see your weekly outfit posts. Happy New Year to you and everyone in Casa Grand! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Meg!
    Well funny enough I think both resolutions 1 and 2 fit me well. I also have a bad temper when it comes to other peoples stupidity and I once or twice I wonder how I came out of the confrontation alive ( I once stood in front of the car of a guy who had stolen my parking spot just so I can give him a piece of my mind... I’m surprised I did not get run over) anyway Like you I will put that in my resolution list. And this is the 6th year that I have vowed that this is the year I will learn how to play the guitar! right now it’s just a decoration piece that actually takes too much space in my small apartment so might as well use it or put it away.
    Have a great year friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, I totally would LOVE to be able to yell at total strangers' stupidity. I'm jealous.

    Awesome goals! I hope you keep us aprized.

    apprised. aprised.

    my new year's goal is to learn how to spell.

    yes. it's a fruitless goal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good goals! Stabbing prevention is always a good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes Meg, take care this year !! Good luck with the stash busting too.
    Personally I'm still lamenting over my goals at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good resolutions! Trying not to get stabbed is something we should all aspire to.

    Wow, goal number 3 is major! Good luck! I'm not quite ready for that yet - maybe next year. THis year my sewing goal is to create garments that actually co-ordinate and mix together, instead of the print-mad ramble that I've been on so far.

    ReplyDelete