Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Quest for the Perfect Shoe: Green and Blue

Ah, Spring!  You fickle monster, you. We traversed to my parents' home this weekend and I had hoped that the weather would be better than we've been having in Chicago.  Mother Nature was having none of that.  Shabam!  It rained all weekend at my parents' and it was lovely in Chicago. Now, upon returning to Chicago, it is cold and gloomy. All of my glorious plans for photographing my Sew Weekly Pantone Challenge/Sew Cinematic outfit/new Pendrell blouse have been cast aside until it can be sunny again.  Until that time, MORE SHOES!!!! 

I apologize ahead of time for all of the anguish the pretties below will cause. My love of affair with shoes needed to be shared!  I am sure you understand.

Hush Puppies Philippa High Heels 

The color and shape of this shoe screams vintage to me.  Thoughts?

 Entice Grass Green Leather Mary Janes

Grass Green leather shoes?  OMG YES.

 

 Lumiani Fallon Dark Teal T-Strap Heels

Of all of the shoes I have featured so far, these have been the pair that I have been struggling over for several weeks.  In my shopping cart, out of my shopping cart, in, out...a vicious cycle.  Love the color so very much.


Hush Puppies Cherie Mary Jane Heels

The color is gorgeous and the cut outs are simply stunning!


 

Chelsea Crew Nik Nak T-Strap Heels

LOVE the pleating detail! And the color isn't so bad, either :)

 

Chelsea Crew Nico Patent T-Strap Sandal

I know, I know ... I keep featuring these shoes in different colors. Can you blame me?

 

 

Bordello by Pleaser Women's Violette-12G Sandal

I would need the full Singin' in the Rain Cyd Charisse outfit if I got these shoes. And I love Cyd Charisse.

 

John Fluevog Bellevue: Mollie Johnson 

The detailing on these shoes, especially the holes for the laces, is gorgeous!  These are probably the most versatile here since they incorporate gray in the design.  These would be a compromise shoe, between work and fun, but I'm still leaning more towards fun.

ANCHOR-22 Peep Toe Sailor Costume Mary Jane Pump

Yes x 1,000. I love the patent leather, the white detailing, and the bows on the toe and heel. 

 

JUMP Women's Bianca Mary-Jane Pump

OH!  These reminded me of Liz's blouse here, so I needed to include them :)

CONTESSA-56 Navy Sailor Anchor Motif Mary Jane Pump

 These are just ridiculously awesome.  I feel like I would need a very specific outfit to wear these with, because they would probably not fly for everyday wear at the office ... which is a pity.

BC Footwear Women's Big Country Mary Jane Pump

I love the wooden heel and gray stitching detail - delightful!

 

Friends, what are your thoughts on blue and green shoes? Too safe or just too fabulous? I'm enjoying your comments on these shoe posts!  I plan on responding to all of the comments in the last several posts now that I am home again - I just love a good discussion about shoes ;)


Have a fantastic night, all!

16 comments:

  1. Love love love! I've really been wanting green shoes but there doesn't seem to be many options out there.
    I love your shoe round-ups. Moar please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely planning more round ups for each season! It'll be a good way to get through the next winter here, I imagine ;)

      Delete
  2. My vote is for the John Fluevog Mollie Johnsons (wonder if they are named after the singer Molly Johnson?) but then it is a toss up between those and the Tsubo Acrea Mary Jane heels from a couple of days ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like all of the Fluevogs are calling my name! But those Tsubo heels are pretty loud, too :) Good choices!

      Delete
  3. These posts are definitely inducing shoe desire. I've always wanted a pair of Fluevogs! I love colorful shoes. If your office is conservative sometimes you can get away with a little spice in the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been lusting after Fluevogs for so many years! I promised myself a pair of the boots once I pay off my student loans :) I've seen some women wearing leopard shoes in the office, so I definitely think I can get away with a bit of color!

      Delete
  4. OMG, we have the same taste in shoes! I LOOOOOOOOVE Mary Janes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't Mary Janes the BEST?! Which ones did you love the most??

      Delete
  5. this shoes post are killing me.. I'm going shopping mad for them ! love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Shoes are so delightful to me - one of my absolute favorite things to shop for!

      Delete
  6. *Gasp* Those would be perrrrfect with my new blouse! Yarrr small size 4 feet!

    It's probably for the best that I have mini feet... it prevents me spending ALL of my money on shoes. heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A blessing in disguise, I think! Those shoes just screamed your name - I had to let you know!

      Delete
  7. I would wear every single pair of the green shoes. SO SO lovely. I thought you would apreciate that I managed to pick up a pair of yellow sandle wedges at a boot fair this week end for a shocking 50P, thats less than a dollar!! x x xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally appreciate that, and I am more than a little jealous!!! You need to post some pictures of these lovely shoes - I'm itching to see them!

      Delete
  8. Haha I am very pleased that you also made a Pendrell blouse because the weather got nice... I am also foiled in my attempt to take pictures! Goosebumps don't really show it off very nicely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I want to take a picture where I look glamorous, not where I look uncomfortable and stiff. Ah, Chicago weather, get your act together!

      Delete