Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Finally part of the cool kids club...

...and knitting my first scarf.  Hooray for knitting classes!


Tonight I learned how to cast on and do the garter stitch.  Apparently I am really drawn to long tail casting on and I fall into the "Continental Knitter" category.  This is good to know since it definitely explains why teaching myself was not working!

My yarn is Malabrigo pure merino wool in "nostalgia."  I have no idea what that means, aside from the merino wool part, but doesn't it sound pretty????

PS.  The colors above are my Fall Palette - everything I've sewn in the last two weeks has been in this range of colors, so the scarf will work with my wardrobe perfectly once I'm done.  Yep - I totally planned that :) 

Raise your hand and wave it around if you are a knitter!  Woot woot!

14 comments:

  1. Woo hoo :) Welcome to the knitting fold - I only just learned myself at the very end of June and I haven't stopped knitting since. So be warned, you will probably be addicted. I love your yarn color too :) Have fun! (Ooh and join Ravelry!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delurking to welcome you to the club! Not that I'm a great knitter, by any means, but, I am also a Continental!! I don't see many people that are, so hurrah to you! And Malabrigo is soooo divine, you will be constantly petting that scarf, hahaha! Plus, the colors are lovely :) And I second Megan above, join Ravelry, it's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the club. Enjoy knitting. All projects should be knit with quality yarn like Malibrigo. :) g

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors - Malabrigo is a wonderful yarn brand - welcome to a new addiction :) I knit Continental too, which funnily enough, is called 'English style' in France.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, well done you...your knitting's looking great! I took the plunge and started to learn last October, purely because I was jealous of all the creations on people's blogs! I'm still a total amateur, but I love knitting so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a knitter, I'm a kkkknnnnniiiiiitttttttteeeeeerrrrr because I am sloooooooow!
    I usually talk my mum into churning out a jumper for me. She's amazing and fast. Like she could seriously chew gum & knit. Me.... not so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Continental; woot, woot!!! It looks like you're off to a great start: nice even gauge, no unintentional increases, decreases, or lace. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your yarn! Welcome to the club :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been known to knit but generally choose sewing first. Knitting is a nice alternative when I'm feeling lazy and couch potato-like, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. woah you have been busy busy busy! in order to catch up.... i adore the renfrews (great refashion on the one!), the bridesmaid dress is smashing!! the color is sooooo gorgeous, i want one! finally, knitting too?? when do you sleep??!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exciting! I've just signed up for my first knitting class that'll start in November... I want to be in the cool kids club too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay continental! I started knitting last October. Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! And it's the perfect time to take it up with cooler weather on the way!

    ReplyDelete