Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday, my friends!  I just got laughed at by a conference room full of women at a la Mean Girls when I was waving my arms to turn on motion sensor lights in an office.  It has now crushed my spirit for a little over 10 minutes.  So this is what I am looking at to cheer me up:

THE BEST COMIC IN THE HISTORY OF COMICS.  (Seriously - click, drag, and be amazed)

Tavi teaches Jimmy Fallon how to do bitchface.  Hilarity ensues.

I find myself sewing in my underwear often, especially if I am fitting a garment every few steps.  I'm glad to know I am not the only one!

If you love going to the theater, please read the review of Cyrano de Bergerac from a guy who has never seen a play - you won't regret it!

How to win over Tom Hanks.

8 Affordable Castle Hotels.  Yes, please!

These Sewing Sentiment illustrations are just darling.

It's that time of year again when Hocus Pocus returns to TV #joy

And then this, something to make us all smile at the end of a difficult work week:


FEET.  (I lol'd)

Have a great weekend, all!  I've got big BIG plans and it's going to be awesome :)

17 comments:

  1. ok, so like, srsly? you DID show those meangirls your bitchface, riiight?


    Also, that IS the best cartoon ever and I have now wasted 20 minutes at work reading it. so, like, thanks.

    (No, really. I'm bored silly and I hate work today.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. another good video to cheer you up: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e8a7d45f40/walk-it-out-fosse-from-ilikestuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I'd seen that xkcd cartoon before but not realised you could move around the final image. So so awesome!!! Now I'm off to drag it in the other direction to see what I can spot there....

    ReplyDelete
  4. you tell me who they are and i will END them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only clicked on the Tom Hanks link so far and I love him even more now. Thank for sharing some smiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sewing in my underwear! I usually toss a robe on though cause people can easily see into my windows...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How dare they be mean to you! What do you think the collective noun is for a group of irate sewists? We could go round there and sort them out - probably in our underwear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a "lintball". defniitely a "lintball of sewists". and I like how you think.

      Delete
  8. You should check out Axe Cop if you like comics. It's fantastic. The story is written by the artist's 5 year old brother. http://axecop.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. THat review of Cyrano de Bergerac was priceless. Thanks for posting. Made my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you found a way to cheer yourself up (and us too). :) Those girls are so not worth it. We all know you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been talking about wanting to watch Hocus Pocus all month! Now, I'm definitely going to do it. Its shitty that a bunch of professional adults don't know how to behave themselves. :-( I hope your spirits are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm pretty sure sewasaurus rexes are frightening when provoked. Those mean girls...why do they still exist outside of high school? *sigh*

    I love those sewing sentiments, especially "may your bobbin always be full." I was working on a shirt for my husband and seriously, every time I would finish a particularly tricky part I'd discover that I was sewing sans bobbin thread. Arrrgghhh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stupid mean girls! JERKS! Hilarious links, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate mean girls! You have an international posse of seamstresses, they better watch it!
    Also, I sew in my undies all the time and Tom Hanks is my BFF in my mind. That letter only solidifies his position there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. :D Those links really cheered me up! And oh, those singing dads, how sweet...

    ReplyDelete