Monday, December 10, 2012

Guest Blogging Over At Rhinestones and Telephones!

OMG HI YOU GUYS!!

I've missed you all terribly.  I've been sewing my face off from morning til night, but I am not able to post anything on here because I would love for my family to be surprised...

but in case you want to see one of my father's Christmas presents (because he doesn't check out the sewing blogosphere), check out my guest post over at Rhinestones and Telephones on how to make an antique handkerchief throw :)


I finished it yesterday morning and almost cried with joy.  For a project that I've been thinking about for nine years, I am pretty damn pleased.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats on such a laborious hand stitched project! It turned out great and I'm sure your Dad is going to love it! Such a great way to save hand embroidered handkerchiefs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute, and so is that throw! Please make me one, thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and a wonderful labour of love. I'm looking forward to you giving away all your hard work, I'm getting Grand withdrawal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You finished it! I cannot wait to see more photos. Taking the jump now. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be tired from all that hand sewing! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Sewing my face off" ha ha - I know that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, how inspired Meg! It looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a meaningful gift for your Dad, you should be really proud . I hope your manic sewing list is nearly done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so, so cool! What a perfect gift! PS. You dad has NO IDEA WHAT HE'S MISSING OUT ON in the sewing blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!! I am so impressed with how this came out. I can totally see why you would want to cry with joy, what a special piece!

    ReplyDelete