Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Me Made May: Day 7 or "Stripes"

Friends, it's confession time.  This is actually the third pair of trousers I've made from Simplicity 3688, but the first pair to be featured on the blog.  I wear the others regularly, but have just never had a chance to take pictures.  As you can see from the below photo evidence, I am adjusting to the reality of using a timer. (It's not so bad, and besides, it's like giving you a mini-tour of my new digs!)

Back to the trousers...

I LOVE THEM.


I had fallen for this pattern when I made this blouse (originally seen here), but once I made the trousers, I was hooked.  The darts allow for a fantastic fit, the legs are perfectly wide for some fabulous swishing when I walk, and the high waist fits without any adjustment whatsoever.  An all around win, if I do say so myself.


I don't know how I made it so long without having a set of black trousers in my wardrobe, but these fill a HUGE gap.  Next up: a black pencil skirt to fill another chasm in my closet.


After that, who knows? Whatever I like, I suppose :)

Have a marvelous night, all!

XOXO,
Meg

PS. You can see rocks attached to my walls in the top two photos.  Yes, those are rocks.  I have no idea how they got there, nor does the girl that lived here before me.  The aren't part of the wall - they are hung like art.  Totally quirky, right? 

20 comments:

  1. Those trousers are perfect, something that I have yet to master. And cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your trousers. i also have to master them. i am checking out your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing how fabulous yours are, I really must get round to making these x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rocks!! And your outfit, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you being all fashiony! Nice set of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying to look at your beautifully made blouse and trousers but I'm waaaaay to distracted by your Dalek, K-9 and the 1940s propaganda Dalek poster on the fireplace. Obviously the rocks in the walls are asteroids that have smashed through temporal rifts in time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this the striped shirt you were talking about? If so, I love it! What I love more is your red hair against the turquoise walls. See, I told you, redheads rule!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, all of these perfect 3688 trousers are so intriguing! That wide-leg look is a good one on you, and having made my own recently, I can confirm that the swishing when one walks is one of the best things :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Nice rock art :) Those trousers are fantastic, and they go great with the adorable red shoes. It's always nice to hear when a pattern works out well for someone--thanks for sharing--great pants pattern noted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All around win, indeed!! Love the digs, especially the rocks. Absolute stunner of an outfit. Both items are perfect on you. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a natural with the self-timer! I have to say, these are wonderful. And, can we take a minute to discuss your level of gorgeous in this outfit. TRES CHIC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha I love those rocks. Now let us see more of your place, pls - I'm getting all flustered just looking at sneak peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! I'm adding that pattern to my wish list RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very chic! Love your new hairstyle and your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those truly are awesome trousers!!!! I totally know where you're coming from regarding black trousers. I recently made some black leggings/treggings and I've barely taken them off since they were finished!

    Zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those trousers are so classy! They've been in my sewing queue for ages but I'm a little scared to have another go at making trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look beautiful on you! Well done, lady! What a great outfit-building basic (and flattering, to boot)! Love the color of your apartment-- it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! Welcome to the 3688 fan club! The trousers look great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Black trousers and another (better quality) pencil skirt are the next two work items i NEED to make. Or I may do a colette beignet for a slightly more casual look. It would go a huge way for my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The trousers are amazing, and your photos are incredible for someone fretting about a timer a couple of posts ago! And the sneaky tour of your place is such a treat. Love the Dr Who paraphernalia!

    ReplyDelete