Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Me Made May: Days 17 - 22 and ... another challenge?!

Darlings! I have returned from a me made adventure in South Carolina! It was nice to get away from Chicago for a little while and seek out some warmer weather :)
Friday, May 17:


The day before I left and I needed something comfortable to work in.  Why is it always the day before vacation when everything seems to be on fire?!


Saturday, May 18


After the hectic work day on Friday, it's not really surprising that I was ready for a bottle of wine and a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts once I met up with my parents.  (HOT AND FRESH, YOU GUYS.  HOT AND FRESH.  In that state, they are like puffs of air and thus, have no calories.  Consume quickly without repercussions.)


(Sad story: That wine was still unconsumed by the time I returned to Chicago.  Those donuts were long gone, however.)

Playing cards into the wee hours of the morning.  Aren't my parents adorable? Mom's got her sassy face on because she is schooling us in Rummy.


Sunday, May 19

PJs!  No, seriously - I'm trying to wear me made PJs as well.  This hasn't been the easiest, but the below is my standard attire:

Top: knit Sorbetto 

Check out that pasty whiteness!  MEOW.


Only my father would have a hat that says "I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up."  

We enjoyed our first coffee on our balcony ...


...but hark!  A storm approaches!


It rained every. single. day.  

Since we couldn't make it to the beach in between storms, we found other ways to entertain ourselves ... like taking epic pictures


We also developed a new appreciation for foods that were stuffed with other foods and then wrapped in bacon.  

Mama Grand and I did not realize that we matched our beverages until after this picture was taken.



Dad matched his as well.  We are very matchy-matchy.


Monday, May 20

My parents started covering their faces every time I pulled out the camera...


... so I stole their pose.



Tuesday, May 21

Dress: Colette Macaron (first worn during Chicago meet-up)

Only hours before I am due to return home, the rain let up and we were able to go to the beach.  FINALLY.




Wednesday, May 22:



I spent most of this evening cutting out dresses that would be perfect for summer.  I am hoping that we eventually get warmer weather to stay for more than a few days at a time!  


Now that Me Made May is winding down, it's time to start thinking about new challenges!  This particular challenge I am focusing on is being organized by the uber wonderful Meli over at Codos on the Windowsills.  Do you have closet orphans that need a little TLC to make them wearable?  Or pieces that just need some tweaking before they become wardrobe staples?  If so, then this challenge is definitely for you :)  Check out Meli's blog on Friday when she lists all the fabulous details.  I'm all for fixing up what I've made!  Won't you join me in following along?

Have a marvelous evening, all!

XOXO,
Meg

14 comments:

  1. Your parents are adorable! The challenge sounds interesting - I'll hop over there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't nothing wrong with pasty- it's the new thing, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the drink/outfit matching, brilliant! Looks like a lovely and much deserved holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so joyful, it makes me happy to follow your blog - and your clothes are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh meg, so many different outfits! How have you sewn them all? They're lovely. Also your parents are the cutest and also now I just really want to go on a vacation with you. It looks like it would be a rollicking good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beach vacations are the best, rain or shine! Your parents look like such great people. No Krispy Kremes for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a blast with your parents. Love it! And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) I love how much fun your outfits are. And matching drinks, too!
    Looks like you had a great trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your parents are adorable! I'm jealous of your vacation. I need a week off work and a beach. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I live in SC! Sorry for the bad weather, it's beautiful now! Were you in Myrtle Beach?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your parents are so cute!! Glad you got to spend some time with them, even if it rained!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your parents are so adorable! I loved that you kicked off the trip with wine and donuts. I know how those days are at work! Oh yes, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that was like vacationing with the grands. AWE. SOME.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great me-mades and vacationing! And at the end of the post I went "Tigger slippers!!!"

    ReplyDelete