Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Geektastic Knitting

Friends, as the warm weather disappears and we settle into Autumn, I've started focusing on my knitting plans for the colder months.  I thought it was only proper to make something for my handsome fellow/roommate/Man Candy, Josh.


Of course, it had to be a Tardis Beanie.


It's a rather appropriate cap, considering we met at a Doctor Who event May 4th  and drew a Tardis picture together (oh yeah, I totally blogged about it at the time)


Josh said the hat filled his two hearts with joy (#adorkable).  He's even slept in it (which is a sign of success, right?)


I used Spud and Chloe sweater yarn, which worked out well and has enough stretch to to be comfortable for Josh.  The colorwork also makes it incredibly warm around his ears - perfect for cycling in the Chicago wind.

I knit it while on the bus and train, so as to surprise him once it was done. It was a rather easy pattern, aside from anchoring the working yarn and making sure there was enough stretch for the blue and grey between colorwork sections.  I find that since starting on the Catherine jacket, I am really enjoying colorwork and I see myself rocking some Fair Isle in a few years.

In the meantime, though, I'll be content to work on geektastic gifts.  After all, there is a Dalek hat pattern out there... :)

Have a marvelous evening, all!

XOXO,
Meg

13 comments:

  1. You live with Josh Hartnett?!?!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all kinds of beautiful going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleeping in a hat is indeed a sign of successful knitting, also a sign that you need to turn the heating up. Very nice job, I'm a bit envious of your colourwork, I'm too scared to try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, awesome happy post! Sleeping in a tardis hat = win. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I'm glad you're forging on ahead in the knitting world instead of making scarves for 5 years before trying anything new like I did haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! There's also Dalek handwarmers, which I've had the yarn to make for my Whovian sis-in-law for something like 2 years now. Maybe I'll actually get them done in time for Christmas? We shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Doctor Who!! That hat looks fab. I've done each a bit of intarsia and fair isle and I totally think fair isle is easier. I doubt you're going to have to wait as long as you think to do a new colorwork project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic hat! It is easy to see that Mr. Man Candy adores it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one fabulous hat and one very lucky guy. Sleeping in it is definitely a sign of appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man candy indeed... and the hat ain't half bad either! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking hat!!! who doesn't love Who? :-)
    I popped over from Michelle's blog. My blog is Katherine the Great, so Meg the Grand seemed like someone I should check out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This Tardis hat is awesome! I love this!

    ReplyDelete