Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!

Friends, I have been looking forward to 2014 for quite a long time.  Why, you ask?  Because I will finally be turning 30 and I have been looking forward to 30 FOREVER.  No, seriously, I'm super excited.

In order to celebrate my 30th year, I've got some goals:


 
1. Wear only me made things for an entire year.  Exceptions: Undergoodies, socks/tights, jewelry, some outdoor things (I haven't made gloves or mittens yet, and I really can't go outside right now without them).  Also, there are five RTW items that I can wear:  One running skirt, one running top, my big pink coat, my favorite pair of jeans, and the cherry pants I bought from Anthropologie on a whim and they make my butt look incredible.  I didn't get to wear those enough last summer and I need to make some tops to go with them :)  I've been documenting every day so far, and these chilly temps are sure testing my closet already!
 
 

2. No Facebook games.  Before I moved to Chicago, I played WoW.  I had to quit when I moved to Chicago for financial reasons (or because I like eating and it came down to choosing between the two), and Facebook games like Candy Crush Saga or Ghosts of Mistwood took the place of that and they were free.  Nope.  No more.  I should be more productive with my time - how many sweaters could I knit if I wasn't trying to beat level 165 in CCS for the 180th time?  So they've all been deleted and are gone forever.

3.  I like to make a financial goal every year, so this year is to ask myself, prior to purchasing anything, what three reasons I have for purchasing that item.  These need to be good reasons, not just "I want it." It needs to be "I need this power strip for my sewing machine, sewing lamp, and serger.  My old one is on the fritz. I saw it spark and it could set my whole fabric pile on fire."  Those are good reasons!

 

Friends, New Year's Resolutions: Love 'em or leave 'em?  Let me know in the comments!
 
Happy New Year to all of you! 
 
XOXO,
Meg
 
PS. Also, I'll be blogging more.  That's a resolution I make every week, but don't we all make that one? :)

17 comments:

  1. I think I may also adopt #3. At least you're already saving tons of cash on clothes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Meg. Those are great resolutions, I particularly like No 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are one tough cookie Meg! I'm far too lenient with myself, so hats off to you for being so hardcore with your 2014/30 goals ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3 I'm going to unashamedly nick. I must do this too! That's some pretty mind blowing goals but I bet you own 2014 like a boss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome goals! I love New Year's resolutions-- it's such a good chance to evaluate your life and make needed changes! I didn't write any down this year, but I have a couple of big changes I'm trying to make in my life, and New Year's was a great chance to motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pro-NYresolutions. But, I'm not too tough on myself if I don't achieve them all. I vastly enjoyed turning 30 as well, so I smell what you're cooking. May you have a truly magnificient year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!! I LOVED turning 30 - it was so much fun! I was more than delighted to see the backside of my 20's. LOL! I love your goals :) Mine is to blog more, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. w00t! I also turn 30 this year and (most of the time) I look forward to it. So glad to hear your excitement about it because it helps me feel excited too! Flirty, thirty, and thriving, right? Hearts -e

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Meg! Love hearing your goals - WOW a YEAR of all me-made garments! You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! I really loved turning thirty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your butt really DOES look amazing in those cherry pants. I need those pants. Maybe they make flat butts look good, too?
    Anywho, I think your resolutions are great! I try not to make any, because I hate to feel disappointed in myself later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the no facebook games! That's one reason I started sewing and blogging. I used to be addicted to some farming game, Farm Town or Farm Land, hell I can't remember I just know my ass would be glued to the couch for hours playing slowly turning into a slug. I knew I needed a hobby bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's one hell of a resolution! Good luck - and can't wait to see the amazing things you'll be making!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thirty is a good age to be :) And I'm with you on less time-wasters...I need to stop looking at Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No facebook games??!! You are one strong-willed chick!

    ReplyDelete