Tuesday, March 18, 2014

30:60: Project 5: Something Bold and Blue

Friends, I am in desperate need of solid color separates, so when I came across this scrap of blue poly in my stash, I paired it with New Look 6808 (View B) for something that I could wear all year long:


On it's inaugural outing, I paired it with the Running Around in Circles Skirt.  I love having more blouses to wear with this piece!
(Of course, I also dropped a piece of food directly on the front during its inaugural outing. UGH)


I'm very pleased with the fit of the blouse, though the poly will be a little rough during the sweaty summer months.  Humidity and I don't get along very well.


I used a zipper from an old project, so I only needed to shorten the opening by a few inches to accommodate the shortened zipper.  Yay stashbusting!


The blouse is fantastic, and fills some closet gaps very well, but let's be honest:  I'm completely in LOVE with the color and wouldn't care if it filled any gaps at all.  What can I say? I'm really a sucker for Tardis blue :)

XOXO,
Meg

5 comments:

  1. Tardis blue! I JUST started getting into Dr. Who...I'm still in the Christopher Eccleson years. But that color is gorgeous...so cheery! It fits you so nicely. Fingers crossed it starts to warm up here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tardis Blue! Meg, you are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Meg, the color is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! You have such a tiny adorable little waist. :-) Love the skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour is indeed amazing and I love the neckline on you. :D

    ReplyDelete