Monday, April 14, 2014

30:60 Project 16 and Sew Sexy Sew Along: My First Anna Dress

Friends, I've made the By Hand London Anna dress before, but this time, I was making it for myself. In keeping with the theme of the Sew Sexy Sew Along, I wanted something that made me feel confident and highlighted my favorite features.  I wanted a pattern to accentuate my shoulders, neck, clavicle, bosom, and waist. I thought this might be the pattern for me, and indeed, I was right.



I chose a fabric from my stash that didn't have a plan attached to it, and the poly blend flows around my curves like a charm.  I feel incredible in this, and paired with my most comfortable heels, I feel sexy.  I want to strut outside and drink some fancy cider at an outdoor patio, but alas, it's snowing.  This dress will be well loved in the summer, though.


I made the midi length because I am currently falling in love with my legs.  Fourteen days straight of working out have created some serious calves, and though they are the reason I need to buy wide knee length boots, I adore them.


I spent most of today covered up in a sweater and pants, and to be wearing something that accentuates my figure and favorite features feels liberating and delicious. 


 I feel victorious and sexy.  I'm glad to have conquered this pattern and to have had this challenge to inspire me to sew something delightful for myself ... even if I can't wear it outside for a few more weeks :)


XOXO and much love,
Meg

PS Check out some of the other submissions for SSSA!  (Clio, Nettie, and Lisette all made delightful pieces!)

16 comments:

  1. Yes! This is super cute! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This really is the pattern for you, and perfect for drinking cider in. You have to make more, you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really beautiful in that Meg, its just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three cheers for victory and sex appeal! You look beautiful, happy and confident!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look victorious and sexy! Great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You made the Anna dress. Isn't it easy and wonderful - & don't you just want to make a ton of them?! I have three already... and counting. :D

    So happy you made this as it looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful in your Anna! I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! You look great. I need to take another stab at the Anna...my first version fit all wonky and I got frustrated and gave up on it. You've inspired me to give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *wolf whistles* Girl, you ROCK the Anna!!! I confess to loving the V-neck version a whole lot, too. Bring on more Annas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you look amazing! I can't believe you haven't made this before as it's such a great style for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is inspiring! You look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are sexy and this dress definitely accentuates it! Love the dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This Anna is awesome on you! You look absolutely gorgeous. I'm still fighting with the fit on my first one, but you nailed it.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous in this Anna! Keep workin' it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Meg this is va va voom! Looks awesome and your sewing is looking great too. :)

    ReplyDelete