Tuesday, April 29, 2014

30:60 Project 19: (nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nana) Batman! Batman!

Friends, I've spent most of the last few weeks working on items for C2E2 (Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo).  It's been completely thrilling to embrace my inner geek for this event, and I kicked off last Friday in proper form with a Colette Macaron made with red cotton scraps and a Batman fabric remnant:

(All pictures by the awesome Lindsey)

The Batman remnant wasn't big enough for a blouse, but I managed to squeeze a skirt and bodice of a Macaron out of it.  I have no idea how that happened, but as you can see, the skirt is a bit shorter than what the pattern usually calls for.  Whoops!  Enter some brilliantly colored tights, and I felt ready to go.


I love this pattern, and this is my favorite version BY FAR.  It was perfect for the day, and the pockets were a big help in holding cameras and phones and snacks while we took pictures on the show floor.


My friend, Greg, bought a Captain America shield.  It was amazing.  I want one.
These are all my friends who I hung out with Friday and Saturday.  They are fabulous and geeky and made the event a grand time for me.  Also, we posed with a TARDIS.  Best. photo. ever.


Close up of the fabric: 


I need more comic book dresses in my life... or at least a new one for C2E2 next year, right? :)

XOXO,
Meg

10 comments:

  1. This dress is awesome! I loves it, I do! And that shield is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigod a Batman dress! Girl, that is RAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! And I love the Louise Belcher in your group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect! Love that fabric, and you can never have too many comic book dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dammit, Meg! Just when I thought you couldn't be any cooler! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet there were a lot of people eyeballing this dress and wondering where they could get one! I can't wait to see how you up the ante next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing! I need to keep a look out for cool super hero fabrics, I've been admiring Cation's super hero dresses, too!

    ReplyDelete