Saturday, July 26, 2014

Summer Stashbust 2014: Lime Lounge Pants!

Friends, I love being comfortable when I'm home and have nowhere to go. It can be really great to have those completely unplanned lazy days pop up in my schedule every once in a while, and to celebrate these days, I wanted some brighter than bright lime lounge pants.

(I don't know why precisely I wanted lime lounge pants, but I've been aching for a pair for months now, so I thought it was high time to do something about it.)


I wasn't sure what pattern to use until the lovely Lisette left Simplicity 2224 in my care. I decided to make view C, the long version, as some nights it can get chilly around here.


The pattern has these fabulous wrap around pockets which go over the center front seam and get sewn into the side seam. I love how they look, and they are large enough to hold my phone and possibly a cup of tea (but that could get messy). 


The waist is 100% encased elastic - do not be fooled by the bow! The pattern calls for two button holes and a small bit of ribbon to give the idea of drawstring waistline, but it's all an illusion.  I don't mind the elastic waist, as these are purely indoor pants.


I like the fabric - a poly/cotton blend that feels more like linen than poly/cotton. I also love the color. I've been attracted to more and more greens lately, so more of those might be pulled out of the stash sooner rather than later. 

(The Jasmine blouse I made with the leftover fabric can be seen here)


This last photo is especially dear to me.  Last week at work, a woman poked me in the stomach when I was talking about working out. I came home and cried, because WHO DOES THAT. I'm over it now, and as you can see from the above, no more f*cks will be given.

Friends, have a fabulous week, and may you always have amazing lounge clothes in your closet :)

XOXO,
Meg

15 comments:

  1. Indeed, who does that?! I love your green lounge pants, and I love your zero f*cks attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your luscious lime pants! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was quite a rude action! Zero f*cks are in order. I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had to deal with such a rude co-worker. You lime trousers are awesome, as are you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a jerk. You are great just the way you are and you are rocking those lime pants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously. Love those pants and that last photo. That lady is just jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great lounge pants! I would have poked that "lady" right back. What a cow? You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe someone was so rude to you! Love your trousers, and please continue not giving a f!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so rude. Personal boundaries, people! The pants look perfect. Dumb lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My macaron was supposed to prevent such *tears* as you look gorgeous & always have. :(

    Love the lounge pants. I need to make myself some very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need lounge pants. And a robe. And... well, the list goes on. You always look amazing. And, save your fucks for people who deserve them, clearly not the lady at work!! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. (You're right, who does that?) Well done, they look very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jealous and highly unpleasant people do that. I love your green trousers and the skirt made from knit looks great on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. but there is nothing there to poke...JUST LOOK AT YOUR FLAT TUMMY!! Love the trousers, love the lime, love your 'tude, love your blog. Miles of smiles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't care if a person is healthy renaissance lady size or a CK jeans model. No one should be poking anyone in the stomach. It's your body and she shouldn't be touching you without permission. wtf. I have the same reaction to people touching pregnant women's bellies without asking. It's rude in my opinion. and you're awesome. :) Work out if you want to keep your heart healthy so you can live forever, but don't worry about her. :) (and I love your lime lounge pants. :) )

    ReplyDelete