Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer Stashbust 2014: Oonapalooza!

YOU GUYS. IT IS THE LAST DAY OF OONAPALOOZA.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.


It means you put on your Steelers pajamas AND GO TO TOWN.


The awesome lady Oona sent me Steelers fabric in a care package some months ago (the same package that included this lovely knit), and I've been itching to proclaim my love for our team all over the place.  Then I got stuck - what pattern to use?! Is a wiggle dress too obnoxious to wear at the office (full of Bears fans)? What about a button down - is that too restricting? No, this fabric needed to be every day, show your colors, bleed black and gold lounging pajamas.


I used the Colette Sorbetto and Mini Bloomers patterns, and added some sleeves to the Sorbetto to use up more fabric. This fabric needed to be used and loved, friends. 


I couldn't be happier with how these lounging pajamas turned out. I'm comfy, full of ra ra team spirit, and I'm honoring a shared love with my dearest Oonakins. 


GO TEAM OONA!

(and Go Steelers - woo Pittsburgh!)

XOXO,
Meg

9 comments:

  1. I dislike this post on principle as a diehard Bears fan, but I like it in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    megmegmegmegMEG this makes make so freaking HAPPY!!!

    and ginger, you simmer down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL These are awesome*!!!

    *despite your very questionable taste in teams. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuteeee! I love sports outfits that are handmade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll like this post on principle since my husband is also Team Pittsburgh, though his love is for hockey instead of football. (I really wish it was as easy to find NHL fabric as it is NFL...) The pjs look cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are my new favorite thing you've ever made! They look awesome!!!! What happened to your crazy curtain that made your room glow that creepy red color? That really weirded me out that first week I was all alone lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! They look very comfortable too. I need to add this look to my wish list! I am returning to sewing and will be blogging about it too. You can find my adventures at isewiknit.blogspot.com. By the way the pencil skirt is to die for. I love the print!

    ReplyDelete