Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Rouge et Roux

Friends, it's been over six months since my last post. I took a little break from blogging to address some personal things happening, but I'm over the hurdle and ready to rejoin the world. If you're still a follower of this humble little blog, thank you. You are fabulous and I adore your face.

While I was offline, I was still finding time to create. I find great comfort in working with my hands, and my knitting needles were constantly in motion. I've completed five sweaters since we've chatted last, so I'm very close to my goal of seven for the year. I haven't taken photos of most of these, but the most recent make, Rouge et Roux, worked perfectly with the Fall weather we had here this past weekend.


The name "Rouge et Roux" came from my French learning games that I drilled prior to our trip last month. "Rouge" is red, but I learned that "roux" is redhead. So this sweater is affectionately called "Red and Redhead." 


I bought this Cascade Eco Wool from my local yarn shop, Windy Knitty, before last Christmas. I really wanted a cherry red cardigan to wear for the holiday, but I ran out of time and motivation. Prior to vacation, I thought I would churn out one last project, and this sweater was it. The pattern is Shapely Boyfriend by Stefanie Japel. 


There is definitely a reason why there are 1100 versions of this sweater on Ravelry. It's super simple, easy to fit, and takes next to no time to make. I'm completely in love with it. I love how it looks with this McCall's 5929 blouse. I definitely want to pair this with more flannel blouses, as the combination is so fantastically snuggly. 


The buttons are one of my favorite parts of the sweater. Michelle and I bought an entire cache of buttons at a flea market in Paris, and there were enough on each card that we could easily split them in half. I think we each walked away with nine different kinds of buttons from our adventure that morning. I had these in mind for this sweater from the moment I saw them. 

If you're in the mood for a cozy wool sweater, I highly recommend this pattern. I'm currently contemplating if I need another one in my wardrobe prior to winter settling in.

Friends, I hope you've all been well, and I look forward to catching up with you soon!

XOXO,
Meg

35 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see your smiling face here!! And lovely cardigan, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dearest!!!! You're going to see more cardigans now that I've been inspired by your 3 season wardrobe challenge :)

      Delete
  2. Fab to see you, and love the cardi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lovely! It's good to see you, too :)

      Delete
  3. Those buttons look amazing... so does your sweater... and your blouse.... and YOU! SMOOCHES. This outfit is a winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your post in my feed and thought "Meg The Grand!" and hopped right over. So glad to see that you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, darling!! It's good to be back and chatting with you :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's good to catch up with you, too :)

      Delete
  6. Hooray! I am hip hop happy to see your pretty smiling face back in my reader :) It's so funny but I was just thinking about this blouse last week when I was sewing a plaid project for myself. You look terrific in it. Also, your new cardigan? LOVE IT SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore your face!! Keep sewing all the pink things - they are so fabulous on you :)

      Delete
  7. Woot woot, you're back! By the looks of your IG, Paris was grand, and those buttons confirm it. Fabulous cardigan and I love the color on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dearest!! And I LOVE your Put a Cat On It! Make all the things with cats!!!

      Delete
  8. Lovely to see you back! I love this cardigan. Need to get my wrists fixed so that i can knit again - its been too long and i need cardigans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I lived without cardigans for so long!!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are absolutely stunning in red, and i'll take as much of your fabulous face as you have time to give! ruggy sends his love as well :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, my darling loveliest friend. I have MISSED you terribly!! All my love to you and Ruggy XOXOXOXO

      Delete
  11. Beautiful cardigan, beautiful colorand jolie nom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I just checked out your blog, and your dresses are amazing!!! I love the blue one especially :)

      Delete
  12. Welcome back Meg! Beautiful Cardigan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dearest! Have you been wearing your Minoru lately? I think I might sew another one after seeing yours :)

      Delete
  13. lovely to see you back in the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison! And congrats again on the engagement!!!

      Delete
  14. Yay! I'm so glad you're back :) Sewing Megs got to stick together. I love your sweater - I'm always tempted by this pattern but have never taken the plunge. It does look great with your plaid shirt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing Megs totally need to stick together!!! Thanks, darling!

      Delete
  15. Okay, commenting on my phone the other day didn't work, so I'm trying again at home! Anyway, love this cherry red color and the pattern! I get a lot of my knitting pattern ideas from you (not that I've actually knit any of them up yet), so I'm glad you're back to blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a lot of my sewing ideas from you!!! Also, thanks for turning me onto Andi Satterlund patterns - SO GOOD.

      Delete
  16. Great cardigan and lovely to see you again. I really enjoyed following your Paris adventures over on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sweater and so glad your back!

    ReplyDelete