Thursday, December 22, 2016

Prepping for 2017

Friends, 2016 was one of the most difficult years I've ever experienced. There were some incredibly crushing defeats, heartbreaks, and moments of complete despair. There were days when I thought about blogging about crafting, but knew I couldn't do it without mentioning other things that are happening in our world and my personal life, and so I didn't say anything at all. 

To put it mildly, the 2016 election completely changed my worldview (and many of my relationships). I'm no longer content to sit in silence, and instead, find myself doing anything and everything I can to make positive changes in the world around me. This is my true passion now. Those who are friends with me on Facebook may have noticed a lack of posts about sewing or knitting, and I am sorry for that. This space will also be changing. While I will still talk about crafting, it will mostly be in relation to activism. The majority of my posts will be in regards to the actions I am taking on a daily basis to endorse positive change in my communities, and if you'd like to join in and take action with me, or suggest actions that you think I could take, that would be greatly appreciated.

I've always valued and loved the sewing and knitting communities I've found here on the interwebs. If you decide that these further posts aren't your cup of tea, I want you to know that I appreciate you and your opinions and want the best for you in the future. 

Thank you for reading, and be excellent to each other.

XOXO,
Meg

4 comments:

  1. A challenging year ahead for many of us worldwide and I for one will be glad to read of your adventures xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you well in 2017, 2016 has been a shock for many of us here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I was also thrown by the trashfire of our election and I look forward to viewing and learning by your example.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A challenging year ahead for many of us worldwide and I for one will be glad to read of your adventures xx

    ReplyDelete