Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Currently Reading: ActionNow Tinyletter

Friends, since the election, I've been making efforts to diversify my reading sources as much as possible. I've purchased subscriptions for the New York Times and the Washington Post, and I've also subscribed to several tinyletters and organization newsletters. One of my favorite tinyletters right now is Actionnow, written by Mikki Halpin

Her posts are informative and insightful, as well as full of real, actionable items and causes that need attention and support. One of her posts addressed how to reach out to Simon & Schuster without boycotting the company, and I definitely followed some of the guidelines outlined (postcard below).




I've also been following some of the tips in this letter, and trying to accomplish some of the to-dos before I leave for the Women's March in Washington next week. On the topic of the march, she's recommended this video to watch, and I highly recommend it as well, especially for white allies. (I know I have a ton of learning and listening to do to be an effective ally, and for those of you who feel the same, this video emphasizes how listening and being uncomfortable is so important. "Oppression is not a comfortable topic.")

Finally, Mikki has written out an amazing action list. If you're unsure of where to start or how to show your support for organizations or communities that are most under threat by the next administration, this list is a great place to start.

Friends, do you have any tinyletter recommendations? Please let me know in the comments below!

XOXO,
Meg


1 comment:

  1. Meg this is so lovely to read! You rule!! xxMikki

    ReplyDelete