Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Daily Action: 100 Days of Action

Friends, thank you so much for all of you that offered your support and encouragement while I was out in DC for the Women's March on Washington. Reading your uplifting messages while I was out in the crowd was wonderful!


Now that the March is over, the real work begins. The Women's March organizers have put out the agenda of 10 Actions in 100 Days, and last night, I invited some friends over to get started on action 1: writing postcards to our senators about what matters most to us.


The three of us ended up making quite a dent, and decided to send postcards to our not only our senators, but to local politicians and Donald Trump as well.




My goal is to host an event for each of the actions that the March organizers put out, so stay tuned for how those sessions go.

I'm also planning on taking part in this 100 Days of Action, which "is a call to thinkers, artists, and writers to propose gestures that can be carried out either at home or in the world." I highly encourage you to check out their calendar of upcoming events, and participate if you can. 

Friends, I hope you were able to participate in your local marches, and thank you for sharing your stories and photos - it was wonderful to browse through them all on Facebook and Instagram!

Stay safe, and please let me know if there is another website that focuses on actions during the first 100 days - I'd love to see how the lists compare.

XOXO,
Meg

7 comments:

  1. I just found your blog...Terrific!
    While I stood in my state's "march" (not much marching...) I spent time talking - asking people if they knew who their state rep/senator was; what issue were they most passionate; what were they going to do next...
    You've seem to have those under control...Great!
    I volunteer doing legislative action with my state League of Women Voters (www.lwv.org)
    I looked up the Illinois League's address www.lwvil.org...they also have a Facebook page
    Enjoy...There is a lot of hard work and disappointment but every once in a while, you get a big win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the fabulous links! I am checking them out now. I've been asking around my friend groups and trying to get them to follow their local reps and go to town halls. Also, thank you for volunteering - your work is greatly appreciated by the rest of us!

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog...Terrific!
    While I stood in my state's "march" (not much marching...) I spent time talking - asking people if they knew who their state rep/senator was; what issue were they most passionate; what were they going to do next...
    You've seem to have those under control...Great!
    I volunteer doing legislative action with my state League of Women Voters (www.lwv.org)
    I looked up the Illinois League's address www.lwvil.org...they also have a Facebook page
    Enjoy...There is a lot of hard work and disappointment but every once in a while, you get a big win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quarter of a million of your Canadian friends marched last week!! Keep up your inspiring work, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 200,000 supporters marched in London, you are right the key is to keep the pressure up and never accept that what is happening is normal. 100,000 Berliners marched against Hitler in 1933 but they didn't keep up the pressure and the whole situation was normalised. The best thing about London was the feeling of hope not hate, peaceful protest is energising. Good wishes Meg and more power to your elbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support - I appreciate it so much! My goal is to do something every day, so I'm going to keep the pressure on as much as possible. I refuse to normalize this.

      Delete