Saturday, January 28, 2017

Daily Action: Donate to Your Local Refugee Resettlement Agency

Friends, I'm horrified, heartbroken, and feeling at a total loss of how to help the refugees who need to come to our country for safety, and those who are currently stuck at our airports and not allowed to pass through.

What I'm asking you to do today is to find a refugee resettlement organization in your community, and support them. Donate to their cause, whether it be financial or in-kind donations, sign up for their mailing list, or volunteer. All of the above links connect to RefugeeOne, a Chicago area refugee resettlement agency. 




If you find a refugee resettlement agency in your area, please share it below. I know I would love to share these organizations with my other contacts who might live in your area, and other readers may feel the same. 

Thank you, love you, stay safe.

Meg

6 comments:

  1. In rochester, ny, Catholic Family Services has been the federal government's resettlement organization. They are now losing funding. Give to them directly or there is SAINTS PLACE provides apartments, clothes, household goods etc tutoring for legal refugees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This man is now even turning his former supporters against him by taking matters too far. He seems very black and white. I fear for our safety as a country. He is making so many other countries hate us even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also afraid for our safety. It feels a bit overwhelming at times, and then I usually go take a walk in my neighborhood. That calms me down a bit.

      Delete
  3. Meg I donated to the ACLU, we need the legal challenges at the airport and I know ACLU will take an international donation. Feeling overwhelmed here in the UK by the sadness of it all, pointless and unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just signed up to be a monthly donor to the ACLU. THANK YOU for donating to them! I didn't realize they only had a team of 300 lawyers VS. the US Government. *throws all the money at them*

      Delete