Friday, February 17, 2017

Daily Action: Take These Lists, Check Them Twice...

Friends, in the last few days I've had some amazing lists shared with me that I would love to share with you. 

First, the Albert Einstein Institution has published a list of 198 Methods of Nonviolent Action. I encourage you to read the whole list and spread it to your action groups, but here's a snippet for you to peruse:


The People's Calendar over at RiseStronger.Org is a comprehensive list of activist events happening around the country. I recommend using the filters to sort by your local area, or you can scroll through (like me) and look at all of the events taking place around the country (I find it to be pretty inspiring):


Lastly, I find myself focusing more and more on my city and state issues. I'm lucky to have two Democratic Senators and an amazing Congresswoman, and I call to thank them on a regular basis for voting for issues I believe in. My city and state need a little work, though, so I was so pleased to come across this list of 101 Small Ways You Can Improve Your City


Friends, take time to rest up and enjoy your weekends, and please, if anything resonated with you off these lists, let me know!

XOXO,
Meg

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of acts of public art and chair bombing. I've taken to walking around my neighborhood to pick up garbage and recycling when I'm feeling stressed about our current situation. It makes me feel better, and it's easy to go and do anytime. I like to think that maybe I've saved a marine animal from ingesting some piece of plastic.

    ReplyDelete