Friday, March 3, 2017

Daily Action: Learn Some Basic Self Defense Moves

Friends, a quick daily action before we all shut down for the weekend. I recently came across this video on Facebook, which outlines four basic self defense maneuvers for women. I didn't realize how helpful I found it until I was walking home late last night after my second job, and on my dark street, found myself going over the moves in my head. Granted, nothing happened on my walk home, but feeling prepared helped me feel a bit safer. If you're interested in more self defense videos and tips, a quick search on YouTube will offer many options, as well as this article from Lifehacker


Here's some things that are keeping me going this week (in between all the news about Russian contacts and meetings):

You can stream the Broadway Cast Recording of "Come From Away," a musical about Gander, Newfoundland on and after September 11, 2001, and it's quite good!

If you have extra time on your hands, you can help the National Museum of American History transcribe Phyllis Diller's 50,000+ jokes on file. No need to be in D.C. to assist! 

You can watch a video of a tortoise eating a strawberry (narrated by Alan Rickman) and it will help charities. It's a win-win situation.


If you're not able to take the day off work, here's how you can participate in the Day Without Women on March 8th.



This 10 Year Old CEO is launching a hijab company for teens and tweens. You can donate to her campaign and help her achieve her dream here.


Friends, have a great weekend, stay safe, and try to unplug if you can!

XOXO,
Meg

0 comments:

Post a Comment